nirgle.net (Backup)

This site is a backup of recent content on nirgle.net (which is currently up and running fine and should be considered my "active" site). In the event of a server crash, please come here instead of nirgle.net. Content on this site may not be fully up to date.

Sunday, February 06, 2005

Background Deletion

To bring out the most visceral sides of my psychology I need only take a trip on Ottawa's bus system, especially at night. Even the most boring and latent mental moments of mine are rekindled quite readily by boarding a bus and interacting with—or even just watching—the other passengers, that's when the hatred sets back in. This evening I found myself struck again by contempt for everybody around me. Again I wished that people in the world were just files I could delete when their continuing existence no longer satisfied me. I'd probably suddenly get into one of my cleaning moods and unlink half the world, starting with those idiots who have their cell phones loaded with the latest childish ring tone, then progressing through those massive swarms of noise-producing eye diarrhea who all probably dropped out of grade four, and finally finishing up with a large-scale mass deletion of all smokers. I would even background the deletion process so I could carry out the rest of my day with as little trouble as possible, watching person after person poke out of existence.